[Coco] altera DE1 board

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 19 02:37:46 EDT 2010

On 19/10/2010 4:30 PM, Mark McDougall wrote:

> Once that's done, try re-configuring with the SOF.

I should add that Gary has recommended using the SOF (temporary, required
each power-cycle) rather than the POF only because the design will "change
too rapidly".

You can take that with a grain of salt because I'm sure you'll be
power-cycling your DE1 much more regularly than Gary will be releasing
Coco3FPGA images! :P

I also find that quite a bit of Coco software actually *requires* a
power-cycle rather than a simple reset, so you may well find it a lot more
convenient to program the configuration device with the POF file.

Regards,