[Coco] Need a FD 502 controller that can accept 28 pin roms

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Wed Oct 13 09:46:01 EDT 2010

Todd,

As others have replied. The FD501 is an 8k x ROM controller using the Motorola 68766/764 type EPROM/ROM. As I have a few of these, only to retain in my collectible stash, don't ask why.... :) I do have a DOS Adapter module that  I make and sell. As it is a simple wiring change, it always is ugly and hard to swap EPROMs. So I created the DOS Adapter.

You can check it out at www.cloud9tech.com under the hardware section.

If you have a 68766/764 I can program the EPROM for you for $10, includes return postage.

If you have a SuperIDE, just FLASH HDB-DOS into a blank DOS partition and presto.........The beauty of FLASH, you did it yourself right before your eyes, wanna change it, ok, do it again. Takes about 30 seconds to FLASH the 8k ROM image on the SuperIDE.

I have my test SuperIDE that has DECB 1.1, HDB-DOS, DriveWire3 in three of the 4 DOS partitions. Change a switch or software poke the DOS you want and you are off and running.

In any case, good luck.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9