[Coco] Coco2 on eBay without Extended Color Basic ?

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 04:02:08 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I just noticed this eBay auction on my side of the Atlantic, starting (for
once!) at a reasonable price level (except perhaps for the shipping). It is
a late model CoCo2, very close to the CoCo3 style, but there is something
odd about it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400167384199

Looking at the startup screen, I can see that it only has Color Basic, not
Extended! But weren't all these CoCo2 models equipped with Extended? Could
someone have swapped the ROMs or is it perhaps defect? I may have some spare
ROM for it, if I would go for it.

Cheers,
Fedor