[Coco] A 6809 Compatible Core in Oct. 1988?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Oct 4 15:57:22 EDT 2010

Interesting. WOuld be better if it were in English.

What I find interesting is seeing the early HDL language. The HDL predates VHDL and
Verilog. Probably one of the first attempts to code a processor and be able to simulate it on a
main frame computer prior to committal to silicon. Prior to the early 90's a chip as complex as
the 6809 was too large for a single simulation. Computer simulation was in its infancy during
the 80's. In the early 80's it was almost unthinkable to simulate a complete microprocessor
on a mainframe computer.

Today there is not a chip that goes out to fabrication without intense simulation and HDL
design.

james