[Coco] How much memory

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:19:21 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe at gmail.com> wrote:

I think you might have said "forth" when you meant "FLEX"....

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Frank Swygert <farna at att.net> wrote:
> > That's the main reason Frank Hogg was saying that Forth was a much better
> OS
> > for the CoCo than OS-9 in the early days -- Forth allowed multi-tasking
> and
> > used memory a lot more efficiently than OS-9....

As I was reading Frank's message I was trying to picture the programming
language do the deeds of an OS :-)

Hogg's trumpeting of Flex was also very prominent in Bill Sias's "Color
Computer News" publication; this was before the OS9 Level 1 release by Radio
Shack, back when the first CoCo's started to sport the full 64k RAM
upgrades.

For those who Flex may be of interest ->
http://www.evenson-consulting.com/flexusergroup/fug1.htm

-- RP