[Coco] How much memory

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Nov 28 16:15:27 EST 2010

On Friday, November 26, 2010 10:52:13 pm jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> Gary
>
> If my memory serves me correct OS9 can access 2 Meg RAM. SECB can only
> access 512K

True, more or less, in practice only 128k.

> Both are limited by the GIME Chip which only accesses 512K. There are
> schemes that have expanded memory but only in banks of 512K

There are expansions, like the Disto 2 meg kit which I have, that does
expand the gimes block mapping by 3 additional bits, and this then allows
memory to be paged in and out of user space in the usual 8k blocks.  Myram
can use the other 1.5 megs as an automaticly formatted ramdisk.