[Coco] dw 3

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 22:24:09 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Frank Pittel <fwp at deepthought.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:09:04PM -0500, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Frank Pittel <fwp at deepthought.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Any chance of getting this ported to linux? I'm looking forward to giving this a
>> > try.
>> >

>> Everything I write for the CoCo community runs on Windows, Linux, Mac,
>> and any other platform that has a Java JRE.  No need to port, it's
>> already supported :)
>
> I took a look at dw4 and didn't have a lot of luck getting it to run on my linux
> machine. For now I can do what I need via dw3 but would like to use dw4 in the
> future. I was hoping to talk you into helping me getting it working during the
> 2011 cocofest. :-)

I'll be there!  Looking forward to it.

I test each release of DW4 on a few Linux distros in virtual machines
here. I know at least a handful of people are using it with linux,
because I helped them get it going.  We have some instructions on the
wiki for Linux:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/drivewireserver/index.php?title=Installation

The documentation isn't great but it's slowly getting better.  Someday
this thing will be as polished as it really should be... maybe not in
my lifetime, but someday :)

You can also always email me directly (aawolfe at gmail.com) or find me
and other coco nuts on the CoCo chat IRC:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=coco_chat

Always happy to help anyone with DW or other CoCo issues if I can.