[Coco] What would a CoCo successor have to have as a minimum?

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Tue Nov 23 02:32:48 EST 2010

Just wanted to toss in a bit about extending the CPU...
William Mensch extended the 6502 to 16 bits with his 65816. It could still
run as a 6502, but also had it's 16-bit mode with a 16-Megabyte address
space. There was also a version called the 65802 which was a 65816 that
could be plugged directly in place of a 6502 (I don't think it supported the
extra memory though). Might something similar not be possible with the 6809?
-JohnT-