[Coco] dw 3

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:55:48 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:
> Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>
>> Hrmm we may have some wires crossed.  What the switch does is to
>> ignore the drive sent in the DW op call altogether, and instead map to
>> a disk image based on the sector being read or written to.  Sectors
>> 0-629 point to "disk 0", 630-1259 are "disk 1", and so on all the way
>> up to disk 255.  DRIVE #0-3 makes no difference, DRIVE 0-255 does.
>>

> How is that different from the normal HDBDOS with Drivewire? That combo
> already selects drives 0-255 for whatever DW slot has been selected.
> The only difference I can see is that HDBDOS calculates the LSN based on
> 630xdrive# so that nothing needs to be calculated by Drivewire.

The difference is just that for example "DIR 1" would show the
directory of the file mounted in drive 1 on the DW side, not the
directory of the image found starting at sector 630 of the file
mounted in drive 0 on the DW side... hope that makes sense?

If there is no point in doing this, I will gladly remove it.  I am not
the best person to make that decision, I don't use these features at
all myself :(

-Aaron