[Coco] What would a CoCo successor have to have as a minimum?

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Mon Nov 22 20:01:10 EST 2010

I agree that a "coco4" doesn't have to be built around a "6809". As long as it
was compatible with a 6809 or had a 6809 mode. I'm thinking along the lines of
the 8088 to current version cpu. No reason to stall on the 6809 as a cpu. Areas
of possible improvement include "math coprocessors", graphics processors
increased address space, 16 bit data bus, dram refresh, etc.

Of course since I'm not the one that'll be implementing the changes (couldn't if
I wanted to) so it's easy for me to talk and in the end the person/people doing
the coding will make the decisions!

The Other Frank