[Coco] What would a CoCo successor have to have as a minimum?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Nov 20 14:40:19 EST 2010

On 21 Nov 2010 at 0:28, Mark McDougall wrote:

> The real problem that everyone has missed here is how you're going to map a
> huge chunk of video memory into the 6809 address space, and how you're going
> to move any decent portion of the screen around in real time.

I sure have not.

A 640x480 8 color screen requires 307200 bytes. There is almost no way a 6809/6309 could
do that other than running at about 250MHz or changing teh data buss width.. I realize the
limitations of an 8 bit databus.

Clock speed is not necessarily the best way to document processor performance.

james