[Coco] Is there a good, runs on a coco but from a terminal like /t2 editor?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Nov 20 02:11:28 EST 2010

On Saturday, November 20, 2010 02:02:57 am Roger Merchberger did opine:

> On 11/19/2010 11:57 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Friday, November 19, 2010 11:56:41 pm Bob Devries did opine:
> >> Hmmm,
> >>
> >> the source for EMACS is on RTSI. in the TOP tree.
> >> Then also, there's Stevie and maybe others.
> >
> > Thanks Bob, I'll check that out when I am next awake.
>
> Does that mean that you were asleep when you wrote this?

Probably.  What I am doing is testing, maybe as a crew of 2 or 3, some
patches to the scheduler in linux that seem to give me the snappiness I
expect even when the load on the machine from an intensive process, like
amanda doing a 10Gb compression with gzip --best such as is going on right
now.  In fact, I am not seeing the lag I have come to expect when the load
average is 1.59, it feels much the same as it did when the load average was
0.04 2 hours ago.   Aka one heck of an improvement in the desktop's feel.
So this patchset is a keeper IMNSHO.  2 patches, applied to a virgin 2.6.36
kernel.

> Dude, can you teach me how to catch up on my email in my sleep?

Sorry, I haven't mastered that without pretty terribly obvious speeling
mistakes.  :-)