[Coco] Why do a next Gen CoCo? was Any news on the so called CoCo4 or NextCoCo

Steven Triller trillersmi at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 13:49:17 EST 2010

I also think a common platform bassed emulator for the Window's or Mac platform would probably be more accesible to most people, and more pactical as there is no cost, as there is no actual physical hardware, it could be freely distributed and with an emulator most people will already have what they need to run next-gen or CoCo 4 software, but one cannot overlook the potetial of having actual hardware which would be more in line with what collectors and people truely interested in CoCo want, it should be easy to make or obtain a Coco emulator, would it not be mroe authentic and meaningful to have the actual hardware running the CoCo 4 operating system and software?
And for those who who look back and are nostalgic, one cannot deny the atractiness of a do-it yourself kit, after-all that is how computers were sold in the early day's. The Apple I was an example of this. As long as you provide clear easy to follow instructions, even a novice could build it. This is what I think.

Steven