[Coco] Why do a next Gen CoCo?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 08:46:02 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 8:25 AM,  <jdaggett at gate.net> wrote:
> On 19 Nov 2010 at 3:17, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>
>> An Amiga 500 in a joystick would be pretty nice, some really great
>> games on that system.  I've played with Minimig on the DE1 and it's
>> fun, but a simple device that plugs straight to a TV would be
>> convenient.
>
> Here in the USA unless you have a old TV floating around, there is not a real easy solution to
> just plugging into a TV anymore. Most Digital set now have VGA, S-video or HDMI interface.
> Some of the digital sets made a few years ago do have Compsite video input also.
>
> Going further into the future, digital sets will more than likely drop composite and S-video
> inputs and rely strictly on HDMI and VGA(DVI) interfaces.

Interesting.. I haven't turned on a television in years, other than to
use it as a monitor on older computer systems.  I suppose if that is
the way things are going, cheap devices that use a TV as a monitor
will cease to exist.  Or, maybe VGA is becoming cheap enough to
provide an alternative to composite.  I'm sure the big media companies
would like to make it impossible to view anything without the proper
DRM limitations, hopefully that won't turn out as they hope.