[Coco] joystick on fpga (was Why do a next Gen CoCo? was Any news on the so called CoCo4 or NextCoCo)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 18 19:42:57 EST 2010

On 19/11/2010 11:28 AM, Mark McDougall wrote:

> The Tandy joysticks will require analogue-to-digital converters.

I should clarify - some sort of circuit (however trivial) to achieve ADC.

The Gamecube controller is rather nice - IMHO one of the nicest controllers
designed for any console. With two analogue joysticks you could play any
Coco game that requires both with the one controller.

And plenty of buttons that can activate both joystick buttons, as well as be
programmed for other keyboard keys for any otherwise cumbersome-to-play
games. You can of course also configure the analogue sticks to behave as
digital.

Also, if you have GameBird, you can play Coco games with a wireless
controller. That's pretty cool too.

Regards,