[Coco] Drivewire 3 Question

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 14:55:16 EST 2010

On 11/18/10, Derek  wrote:

> What the problem I have is with multiple disk images mounted in DW3 is that
> the HD disk image has drives 0 to 255 and the other virtual floppy disk
> image I mount in another DW3 slot is looked at as drive 0 as well. So there
> is a conflict when working with multiple virtual images in DW3 itself.

---

I don't believe there is any way to do a BACKUP command in HDB-DOS
that copies from one virtual hard disk file to another.  Only one
virtual HD is active at a time and you have to issue a DRIVE #n
command to change it.

It would be nice if HDB-DOS were modified to accept both a virtual HD
number and a drivelette number when doing a BACKUP.  Something like:

 BACKUP #0,0 TO #1,0

You could use a BACKUP program written in BASIC to do this using DSKI$
and DSKO$, but it would be somewhat slow:

CLEAR 500
INPUT "SOURCE";S1,S2
INPUT "DESTINATION";D1,D2
FOR TR=0 TO 34