[Coco] weird AR versions was Re: V-Term

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Nov 16 02:42:22 EST 2010

On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 02:34:50 am Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:55:49PM -0600, Little John wrote:
> > Also note, when I transferred Gene's .ar file to a disk image and
> > extracted the files,
>
> Actually, when I was an OS-9 noob I was more annoyed by the N
> different versions of AR, all of which seemed to produce mutually
> incompatible archives.
>
> _So_ glad lha won the OS-9 archiver wars. ;-)
>
> Willard

So am I, although I find quite a few .lzh things in my archives too.  But I
think the majority are still in the .ar format as I never went on a rampage
to convert them.  Perhaps I should write a script to do that?  Unforch, I
haven't found a translation table I can use with minicom that will let me
run a decent editor over it from a linux keyboard.

Has anyone else tackled that problem of the incompatible control characters
and made it work?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)