[Coco] Which Mark? Marlette or McDougal or Ormond? was Re: Intro.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 22:23:31 EST 2010

On Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:18:48 pm James Hrubik did opine:

> Sounds like phishy went a trolling ...
>
> Madagascar, CoCoNut -- Art, that does make sense in a strange way.
>
> There will always be some people who desire to join a group just so
> they can "improve" it, and its just like us old curmudgeons to resist
> the "improvement".
>
> Gotta keep telling myself there are people on this list who never
> knew a time when there were no personal computers.
> Or even pocket calculators.
> I like regaling the kiddies with stories about the party line; they
> can't fathom the idea of placing a call through an operator.
> I miss my slipstick; my grandkids think I'm kidding when I talk of
> logarithmic scales.

I still have mine Jim, a K&E log-log-duplex-decitrig model.  Old, and
oxidized so bad there is nothing slick about it.  And I rigged a set of
lithium batteries into my TI-51 about 3 years ago just to see if I could
remember how to program it.  Sadly, I had to dig out the book. :(