[Coco] Which Mark? Marlette or McDougal or Ormond? was Re: Intro.

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 13 19:16:11 EST 2010

Sounds like phishy went a trolling ...

Madagascar, CoCoNut -- Art, that does make sense in a strange way.

There will always be some people who desire to join a group just so
they can "improve" it, and its just like us old curmudgeons to resist
the "improvement".

Gotta keep telling myself there are people on this list who never
knew a time when there were no personal computers.
Or even pocket calculators.
I like regaling the kiddies with stories about the party line; they
can't fathom the idea of placing a call through an operator.
I miss my slipstick; my grandkids think I'm kidding when I talk of
logarithmic scales.

On Nov 13, 2010, at 4:59 PM, Steven Triller wrote:

> I understand, but do you not think that Mark or V3 would made more
> sense than just 3?
>
>> Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:53:14 -0700
>> From: lost at l-w.ca
>> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>> Subject: Re: [Coco] Intro.
>>
>> On 10-11-13 02:13 PM, Steven Triller wrote:
>>>
>>> Well what is wrong with calling the Color Computer 3 the Mark 3?
>>> That designation is accurate since it is the 3rd version of that
>>> machine...somehow the Color Computer 3 without the the addition
>>> of V or MK before the 3 seems improper....it is the 3rd version
>>> or mark of the Color Computer....and that is why I have chosen
>>> that designation...
>>
>> What's wrong with it is that it is not the designation from the
>> original
>> manufacturer. It says right on the box "Color Computer 3". Thus, the
>> correct name does not include "Mark" in it.
>>
>> That aside, there is over 20 years of history which calls it "Color
>> Computer 3" with no "mark" in it. Thus, using that will likely
>> confuse
>> people.
>>
>> As a side note, the "Mark #" designation scheme is not commonly
>> used in
>> North America so it will likely confuse a substantial portion of the
>> people reached through this list.

>> --
>> William Astle
>> lost at l-w.ca
>>

>> --

No man is free when his life is controlled by the whims of a majority.