[Coco] Intro.

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sat Nov 13 16:53:14 EST 2010

On 10-11-13 02:13 PM, Steven Triller wrote:

> Well what is wrong with calling the Color Computer 3 the Mark 3? That designation is accurate since it is the 3rd version of that machine...somehow the Color Computer 3 without the the addition of V or MK before the 3 seems improper....it is the 3rd version or mark of the Color Computer....and that is why I have chosen that designation...

What's wrong with it is that it is not the designation from the original
manufacturer. It says right on the box "Color Computer 3". Thus, the
correct name does not include "Mark" in it.

That aside, there is over 20 years of history which calls it "Color
Computer 3" with no "mark" in it. Thus, using that will likely confuse
people.

As a side note, the "Mark #" designation scheme is not commonly used in
North America so it will likely confuse a substantial portion of the
people reached through this list.