[Coco] TCP/IP Programming in Commodore BASIC

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Tue Nov 9 12:52:13 EST 2010

$FF8x was used by Paul Barton's memory uprades, but since these aren't
available anyway, that point is probably moot.

Earlier Speech Systems (The Voice, SuperVoice, etc.) used the $FF8x range.
After the advent of the CoCo 3 Speech Systems provided modifications to move
these to the $FF7x range.

The primary issue is that once a Multi-Pak has been upgraded to CoCo 3
compatibility, the $FF8x range is locked out so any $FF8x device will not
function in an upgraded MPI. It's easy to overcome this with the 26-3024 by
modding the PAL chip to respond to the $FF8x range as I have in my own
MPI's. The 26-3124 isn't quite so simple to modify to respond to the $FF8x
range since it has no PAL, but it can be done.

JohnT