[Coco] Floppy controller - 7416 failure symptoms?

Mark Ormond markormond at mtxsystems.com
Mon Nov 1 22:35:57 EDT 2010

I'm having faulty read/writes I still don't have a second floppy drive to test with so I'm also checking to see if it could be the controller.
The drive will also only format a few older disks and none of my newer ones (dsdd). These disk work fine in a commodore 1541 drive.
(and yes they have the single sector hole). The disks it does format are not reliable.

I have a lead on a couple of drives from a Compaq portable one I guess when they come in we will see what is actually the problem

Later,
dabone