[Coco] FPGA vs. Emulation Speed

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Nov 20 22:22:11 EST 2010

Speed isn't the real issue. I made the comment that the FPGA version
would be the limiting factor in some areas because of various hardware
limitations. Speed wasn't one of the things I was referring to. Might
just be what the developers are capable of doing skill wise. There are
limits to memory and how much one can put into an FPGA, and limits of
the board design. In software emulation those limits can easily be
exceeded in most cases.