[Coco] CoCo games on the iPhone?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Nov 17 19:53:48 EST 2010

I have not been keeping up with things, but I wanted to pop in while I had a moment for two reasons. First, if anyone sees the link in my signature and signs up to Hulu Plus for the new paid TV content stuff (I love watching it on my iPhone/iPad), I get two free weeks...

...and second, I have seen an assortment of 8-bit style retro games (some doing QUITE WELL) on the iPhone/iPad lately. Who would have thought that Pac-Man could sell again? Anyway... I have found a clone of the old Atari Adventure and stuff, and just wonder if any CoCoists out there are considering programming for the iPhone or Android platforms.

We could get an emulator released (since there is a Commodore 64 one), but it seems some of the fun classic CoCo games would be ripe for redos on this platform -- even if they kept the old 8-bit style graphics and sound.

Maybe I will finally have some time this Fall/Winter to learn how to program the iOS stuff.

Oh, and someone commented on one of my YouTube CoCoFest videos asking if there was a Facebook page for Glenside -- anyone?
--
I'm watching my favorite TV shows with Hulu Plus and thought you'd enjoy it. Sign up & get 2 weeks free! http://hulu.com/r/KFiBSg

Over 125,000 digital pics from Disney, Theme Parks, and Ren Fests!
Visit http://www.AtTheFaire.com or http://www.DisneyFans.com
Use this and I earn credit on travel/car/hotel discounts: http://travel.ian.com/index.jsp?cid=59226