[Coco] Dumb CoCo 3 Ethernet adapter

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Mon Nov 8 15:56:14 EST 2010

Here is a questions for the hardware guys on the list.

Would an dumb ethernet adapter be possible?

Here are the features I think it would need:

Convert the signals on the RX and TX lines of 10baseT to RS-232
voltages the CoCo bitbanger requires (-12v and +12v).

Used a low to high transition to signal the start of an incoming
packet. The CoCo 3 has a (useless for RS-232) low to high serial
interrupt. This would keep the software stack from having to poll the
serial port.

The device I am describing has no packet buffering. This is to keep it
simple. So simple maybe even I could build it with my point-to-point
soldering skills.

--
tim lindner