[Coco] Preserving old CoCo diskettes...

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat May 29 11:30:03 EDT 2010

----- "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

> And thats the best reason I can think of to not mess with mess, there
> is a
> real live coco3 with a 63C09 & 2 megs of ram in it that is just a
> session of
> minicom and  about 20 feet of cable away in the basement.
>
> Humm, but now I'm not running as root, and I need to change the perms
> on
> /dev/ttyS# stuff.  It won't let gene access it. Paranoid %^$@&&.  That
> will
> get fixed shortly...

Fixed as in by a mechanic or fixed as in by a veterinarian (that tomcat wasn't broken)?  (My servers are in the basement, my workstations are in the attic, after a few dozen troubleshooting trips up and down four flights of stairs I regularly get the urge to fix things like a veterinarian).  (Every few weeks I get the urge to switch back to reading books instead of mucking with computers -- several tons of books in this attic, and a few hundred pounds I haven't read more than once).

My normal security setting is paranoid schizophrenia.  Let them fight it out between themselves.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>

Aim high and you won't shoot your foot off.  --   Phyllis Diller