[Coco] Today, I have seen the CoCo 4...

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu May 27 09:49:51 EDT 2010

On 27 May 2010 at 8:24, Jim Hathaway wrote:

> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:56 AM, <jdaggett at gate.net> wrote:
>
> > Jim
> >
> > The main advantage the Xilinx Spartan 3 Starter board has is more SRAM. The
> > DE-1 has
> > 512K and the Spartan 3 Starter has 1Meg.
> >
> > I wished both had more SRAM.
> >
> > james
> >

> James,
>
> Does that mean then that you can have a 512k coco3 with a DE-1 and a 1MB
> coco3 with the Spartan board?
>
> Jim

Essentially yes.

All this talk has rekindled work on a board design that will have 2MB of SRAM. I was planning
on using a Spartan 3E in a 208pin QFP. BGA packages are out of the question because the
layout would require geater than four layers and a dramatic increase cost.

Trying to keep the board below 21 sq inches.

james