[Coco] DW4 and external midi devices

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri May 21 23:35:32 EDT 2010

On May 21, 2010, at 10:10 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> I added some midi commands to the 'dw' interface which let you view

Very nice.

I remember fondly my old CoCo MIDI days (my first commercial CoCo program was a MIDI Librarian sold by Rutherford Research).

When you use mfplay, what format file is that thing playing? You say you can dump a file to the device, which implies just sending over a standard midi file format and having the PC do all the processing (not really the CoCo), but the player should be parsing the file and sending out MIDI ON and MIDI OFF note commands and such, so the CoCo would really be doing the playing.

Are both cases true?

And does anyone remember the guy from 10-15 years ago that was the huge MIDI guy who made one of the only full MIDI player programs we had on OS-9? I can't remember his name.

		-- A