[Coco] DriveWire and CocoNet (was Preserving old CoCo diskettes...)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu May 20 20:07:17 EDT 2010

At 04:39 PM 5/20/2010, you wrote:
>On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote:
> > At 03:41 PM 5/19/2010, you wrote:
> >
> >> So.. in a nutshell... Coconet supports things in BASIC that DriveWire
> >> likely never will (and I hope I've given an acceptable explanation for
> >> why this is).  DriveWire does things in OS-9 that Coconet currently
> >> cannot, but I look forward to seeing where Roger will take his system
> >> in the future.
> >>
> >> -Aaron
> >

>That said, I'd appreciate it if you left me and DriveWire out of it.

But Aaron, you were nutshelling the CoCoNet system in your long
message and I thought I should have a short and due comment.  Sorry to offend.
Basically we're all debating over completely different products and
trying to compare them like they've got equal features and
goals.  They do not.  This in itself has led to a strong debate, then
turning into everybody defending their work, which I think is normal
behavior.  It's when we intentionally offend others that's the problem.

That being said, I think I'm through with this whole debate and I'd
like to get back to my soldering before 40 people show up at my door.  :)

--
~ Roger Taylor