[Coco] WARNING! Possible virus script hijacking of CoCo3.com !!!

Jim Hathaway kg4knb at hat3.net
Thu May 20 12:03:04 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote:

> Every .php file in the /community folder has the redirect script inserted
> at the very top.  There is no way on earth a manual removal is possible
> since there are thousands of .php files in the system, but installing the
> latest version of WordPress will replace everything and the notice is in my
> cPanel with the buttons to run the install process.

Roger,

In the future if you have a need to do a find and replace against thousands
of files I would recommend a windows tool called TextCrawler.  You can
specify the file types you are looking for in the tool, like .php in this
case and then specify the text you want to find and you can then (if you
choose) do a replace on all the files.

Here is a link to the tool if you have a need for it now or in the future.

http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/content/textcrawler

Jim Hathaway
Web: http://hat3.net