[Coco] 256 color mode

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Thu May 20 01:05:35 EDT 2010

On May. 19, 2010, at 10:39 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> Where can I find information on the 256-color composite mode?

Apparently, this is not a new discovery but a rediscovery.  During the
end of the CoCo 3 era, Sundog System released a multimedia programming
utility that significantly enhanced the graphics and sound functions
of the computer.  The product, GrafExpress 2.0, featured a 256
(artifact) color mode.  I guess the mode builds on the idea used to
create those artifact red and blue colors in PMODE 4 on the CoCo 1+2.

<http://www.coco3.com/community/2009/02/256-color-mode-composite-mode-artifacting/comment-page-1#comments

-- JP