[Coco] Preserving old CoCo diskettes...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed May 19 14:30:35 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/19/2010 11:55:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>mechacoco at gmail.com writes:
>
>On 5/19/10, Allen Huffman wrote:
>> HDB-DOS for his pak would  be cool too. Choices!
>
>Hey,  I'm just glad we have multiple suppliers for this
>30 year old machine....  high class problems if you
>ask me even if there is a family feud once in a while..
>
>Roy

So am I Roy.  But sometimes an outsize ego gets in the way, and I won't put
names on them cuz mine is pretty good sized too when the subject gets into
something I've walked around in.  I think you can probably testify about
that, so I generally sit back and watch the kids play. ;-)  Either way, we
have something that wasn't available before.  I would like to see some
compatibility maintained, but even that will sort itself out eventually
because the best product for one, isn't always going to be the best for
another.

And thats the best reason I can think of to not mess with mess, there is a
real live coco3 with a 63C09 & 2 megs of ram in it that is just a session of
minicom and  about 20 feet of cable away in the basement.

Humm, but now I'm not running as root, and I need to change the perms on
/dev/ttyS# stuff.  It won't let gene access it. Paranoid %^$@&&.  That will
get fixed shortly...

--
Cheers, Gene