[Coco] Digg Story: Star Wars on a Radio Shack Color Computer (circa 1986)?

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed May 19 14:16:39 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 01:53:53PM -0400, Brian Blake wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM, John W. Linville <linville at tuxdriver.com>wrote:
> > On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:33:59PM -0500, Sean wrote:
> > > This is amazing!  I would definitely add this to my CoCo exhibit at
> > > next year's Midwest Gaming Classic!  It would be especially awesome
> > > next to the ZX81 video demo they bring every year.
> >
> > If you have a SuperIDE, I'd be happy to help you get a CF card setup w/
> > some videos.
>
> Would this be adaptable to Roger's DrivePak?

Maybe.  I would have to experiment with it to be sure.  At the very
least it would require some new code, since the player runs on the
"bare metal" rather than using an underlying hardware driver.

FWIW, the storage performance is an important enabling factor for
the video player.  Even using Roger's best estimates from the other
thread suggests that the DrivePak would be a borderline peformer for
the video player at best.

John

P.S.  This is my "good faith" analysis, not an endorsement or an attack.