[Coco] Preserving old CoCo diskettes...

Jim Hathaway kg4knb at hat3.net
Tue May 18 21:49:53 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Boisy G. Pitre <boisy at tee-boy.com> wrote:

> As for deblocking, SuperDriver handles this very well and has a myriad of
> other features.  You could save yourself a lot of time and write a low level
> driver that plugs right into SuperDriver.  The documentation is online at
> www.cloud9tech.com and the product comes with a sample low level driver
> that you can start with.  All you need to do is write the low level routines
> to talk to your device and hand back the data according to the documented
> specifications.  You get partitioning, deblocking, write verification,
> automatic drive size querying, and smart caching all for free.
> --

Anyone looking to create a new driver should really look into using
SuperDriver.  Creating a low level driver for my latest CoCo project took me
a week.  When I say a week I mean one week start to finish with maybe 2-3
hours a day.  It was the fastest and easiest driver creation I have ever
done for the CoCo.  The information on my MMC/SD V2 project (minus
schematics) can be found
here<http://www.hat3.net/Home/mmc-sd-interface-v2-1>for anyone who is
interested.
The single driver that I wrote worked great on my coco 2 and my coco3 using
SuperDriver.

Jim Hathaway
Web: http://hat3.net