[Coco] 40 track floppies and DriveWire

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Tue May 18 20:19:35 EDT 2010

On 5/18/10, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> So ... does it also handle 80 track disks? Like from OS-9? It seems it would
> be easier for me to do each and every physical disk I have as a DSK disk
> image, and DW would be easy to do that.

It should work for Single-Sided disks with any number of tracks. Just
change the first POKE to the track count.  Double-Sided disks would
probably require two separate BACKUP commands and fiddling with the
Drive Select mask to access the 2nd side.

Then again, it might be easier to archive OS-9 disks from within
NitrOS-9 using the DriveWire driver.

Darren