[Coco] CoCoFEST! 2010/FPGA CoCo...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue May 18 18:40:40 EDT 2010

> We've come full circle!!

True, Frank!  I mean, when we were SERIOUS about using the CoCo, most of the high end users had souped up 6309 OS-9 machines with hard drives and such. And then, MOST of us probably would NEVER purchase something that didn't run under OS-9 ;-)

But now, with it as a retro "looking back" machine, I love the idea of hacking RS-DOS once again!

Full circle indeed!

BUT, if they can add I/O pins for hooking up a REAL CoCo keyboard and plug in the ACTUAL CoCo joysticks (ever try to play an Atari on an emulator? It's really not the same feeling -- ditto for arcade emulation!), etc. then stick it IN a CoCo case ... it's a "true" CoCo that lives forever! ;-)

		-- Allen