[Coco] FPGA CoCo and video

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue May 18 13:13:13 EDT 2010

On 18 May 2010 at 12:57, Mark Marlette wrote:

> Made it though another reduction here at work. I am now the youngest left
> in my current job title position and labor grade. They let the youngest
> one go this time for some reason....Sharks....let my cube partner next do
> go, had 8 months to go before he qualified for retirement.....

I know that feelilng. I got let go with a year to qualify for the rule of 75 which would have kept
me on the compnay insurance plan instead of COBRA. Bummer.

By theway I do have a recent copy of Gary's code but never really looked to much into it
either. Lately I have been porting the GATOR HC11 CPU core over to Xilinx. A not to difficult
of a port. I like that processor core. Compact and fairly fast. The main CPU core only uses
1456 4 input LUTs and 223 flip flops. Less than one third the resources of an XC3S250E.
There are a few warning messages that I need to work out and get corrected.

What is nice is the processor is microcoded and the tools to generate the microcode
probably can be modified to generate other microcode. The files to generate the microcode is
nothing more that modified 68K assembly code using only  macros.

james