[Coco] CoCoFEST! 2010...

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Mon May 17 11:39:13 EDT 2010

I'm not Mark but I'd like to chime in. There were a number of conversations
about practical coco related applications for the fpga and fpga coco. One
conversation topic involved using an fpga as a gime replacement. This would
be a practical way to keep a growing number of cocos with bad gime chips out
of landfills and in operation. The second conversation topic was that since the
a board could be made to hold joystick, bitbanger connectors, cartridge connectors,
etc and easily fit into a coco case. It would be possible to construct a coco 6+.

This would have the advantages of using the coco keyboard, cartridges, etc. In my
never humble opinion half of the fun of working with my coco includes using the coco
keyboard and having the cartridges in an mpi next to it. As far as I'm concerned take
all that away and I'd just as soon use a coco emulator like vcc. The coco look and feel
is a major part of using a coco!!

Frank