[Coco] CoCoNet 1.18 test

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun May 9 13:22:40 EDT 2010

At 11:20 PM 5/8/2010, you wrote:

>Forget my bug report about version 1.19. It was my mistake :(
>

>Thanks
>

>Jorge Machin
>
> > From: jorge_machin at hotmail.com
> > To: coco at maltedmedia.com
> > Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 20:42:15 -0500
> > Subject: Re: [Coco] CoCoNet 1.18 test
> >

> > Roger:
> >

> > I found the error. I had my Deluxe Wireless RS-232 Pak configured
> to 9600 bauds. Thank you for guide me!
> >
> > CoCoNet takes about 1 to 15 seconds to connect to my PC. I think
> it is very fast and gives a quick way to checkout programs in .dsk files.
> >

> > Version 1.19 has a little bug. At boot time It shows drive 0 as
> CNET-6551 but CNET-6551 is actually drive 2 in my system and shows
> the I/O error at startup.

Yea, I think you should be good if you just edit your coconet.ini
file to assign Drive0=yourboot.dsk  instead of Drive2, or in my case
I assign all 4 drives to the same disk.

 > Do you have more Deluxe Wireless RS-232 Paks? I like CoCoNet very
much but I'll miss the terminal program (I don't want to interchange
eproms). A cartridge with Bluetooth and SD card reader funtionality
would be great!

I have plenty of the boards and components to assemble more 6551
TTL-based serial paks with a 2x6 header.  Unfortunately, the EB301
bluetooth modules are being held in limbo by the A7 company and I
don't know if they are going to sell them off or what.  I do have the
old "CEO"'s cel phone number and I'll try to reach him later for some
info, but don't hold your breath.  Instead, I'd much rather find
another module to adapt and just add the support routines to the CoCoNet ROM.

If the Tandy Deluxe RS-232 Pak ROM code is position-independent and
small enough I could merge it into the CoCoNet ROM and let it be
launched using one of the DOS commands.  Maybe someone could provide
me with the right code to let it run in that manner, as I don't have
time to disassemble the ROM and edit anything right now.  However, I
can merge it in easily by using CCASM's 'includebin' command.

I'd rather put in a better terminal program that works with the
32,40,80 column screens the same.

So much to do, so little time.

--
~ Roger Taylor