[Coco] CoCoNet 1.18 test

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat May 8 19:14:21 EDT 2010

At 03:50 PM 5/8/2010, you wrote:

>Roger:
>

>Today I tested CoCoNet, but I think I'm missing something because it
>did not work. What I did is this:
>

>1. I started the server with my bluetooth configured to use com3 and
>"allow other devices to see my device" option selected in my windows vista box.
>

>2. I booted my coco 2 with my Deluxe Wireless RS-232 Pak and got this:
>
>COCONET 1.18
>CNET-SIO: NO
>CNET-6551 : NO
>MICROSD PAK: NO
>
>+0 FDC 0 SIDE 1
>1 CENET-SIO
>3 CNET-6551
>?IOERROR
>OK

>I tried with incoming and outcoming configurations in my Windows box
>and I can see the Deluxe Wireless RS-232 Pak and the windows box if
>I scan devices in other computer. Do you have any ideas?
>Thank you

Let's go live chat on the site when you get time and I can help
quicker.  The PC needs to accept incoming connections, needs to not
ask each time, the passcode is "0000", baud rate = 115200 bps, 8-N-1,
and of course the pairing event must have been done once and
correctly prior to doing any connections.

The CoCo connects to the First bluetooth connection it sees, so if
you have multiple devices broadcasting, like a cel phone, the CoCo
might try to connect to it instead of the PC.

Put the 8K Tandy ROM back in and type LST [enter] to see any
bluetooth devices broadcasting, then type CON ##:##:##:##:## to
connect.  If it works then CoCoNet should work because it uses the
same command sequences to obtain the address and connect.

I assume you already know how to get around because I've seen your
demo on YouTube, so if you think this is a glitch in the ROM, I'll
work with you to fix it quick.

--
~ Roger Taylor