[Coco] help with bare 5.25 drive

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Fri May 7 17:44:45 EDT 2010

My FD-502 has been a reliable rock solid performer ever since I added a
second drive to it (not the kit offered by RS). I have never had a problem
with the system even as I did not install the recommended fan.

When I did this years ago I have to admit being a bit worried at first as
everywhere I read in the Radio Shack literature the fan was a must have - I
had no suitable fan to set in there and decided to trust the meter readings
on the power supply of the FD-502 drives case before and after adding the
second drive, idle and both drives running really posed no threat to the
power supply. Even intensive OS9 drive usage has been trouble free.

-- Rogelio

Whether you need a fan or not depends on which enclosure you have. That last