[Coco] More MPI mischief...

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Thu May 6 20:57:56 EDT 2010

Well, problem solved.

I tested the O-90 for sound in four different MPI's (including a 3024 PAL
upgraded one that has known issues with this O-90 and FDC's). Three out of
the four had sound. So I think it was safe to say the O-90 was not the
culprit.

So, I started doing some continuity tests, from pin 35 of the cart
connectors back to pin 35 of the male card edge connector. That was an open
circuit. So I started from pin 35 and worked my way back and found the
problem. Under C10 of the MPI, there are 2 via's; one connects to pin 35 of
the male card edge connector, the other goes back (thru several other via's)
to pin 35 of the 4 cart connectors. On this particular MPI, there was
nothing connecting the 2 via's underneath C10. Soldered a jumper wire from
the via closest to the male card edge pin 35 to the via closest to the cart
connector pin 35 and I now have sound out of my MPI with the O-90 in it.
Wish they were all that easy...

As always, thanks for the help and suggestions again guys.

Brian