[Coco] More MPI mischief...

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Wed May 5 15:30:23 EDT 2010

On 5/5/10, Brian Blake wrote:

> Piece of debris shorting
> pins 33/34 to pin 35? (I would assume grounding out pin 35 would kill all
> sound from the CoCo, this does not happen as I can play games loaded via the
> MPI and still have sound).

No, that would not kill all sound since the cartridge slot is a
different sound source than the DAC. The different sound sources (DAC,
Cassette and Cartridge) are connected to an analog multiplexer. Only
one source (excluding single-bit sound) is active at a time.

Have you tried the O-90 pak in the MPI with a CoCo 1 or 2?

Darren