[Coco] Bechmarks

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Thu May 20 13:58:02 EDT 2010

On 5/20/10, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> According to my calculations, the maximum throughput that your pak can
> attain is 45.51 seconds per megabyte of data read.  It will be interesting
> to see how close you can get to that number.

---

45.51 seconds per magabyte represents the maximum throughput for
serial communication at 230,400 bps.  No driver for the MicroDrive
module could achieve that due to the fact that the module will only
transfer 512 bytes for each READ command.  You really need to include
the command overhead when calculating the device's throughput
capability.

The datasheet also states that the device takes some time to respond
to each command, but doesn't say how much.  I believe that will depend
on the particular MicroSD card that is being used.

Darren