[Coco] NitrOS-9 boot module common code

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue May 11 21:00:51 EDT 2010

Here's a snippet from the boot_common.asm file that caught my eye.
Back2Krn
	lbsr	HWTerm     call HW termination routine
	ldx	blockimg,u	pointer to start of os9boot in memory
	clrb	clear carry
	ldd	bootsize,u

Doesn't ldd bootsize,u set the CPU Carry?  Is clrb really
needed?  Heck, every byte counts since the limit is $1D0 bytes.

Also, in NitrOS-9 Level Two, can I "request" 512 bytes of space in
the same manner as the 256-byte stack adjustment or is this pushing
my luck?  I need to add an optional 512-byte sector mode to my Drive
Pak modules and just need to find the space so I can use a simple
deblocking scheme.

--
~ Roger Taylor