[Coco] Color LOGO

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Mar 30 17:21:04 EDT 2010

Heh, the editor built into disk Color LOGO does NOT know how to handle
lines more than 32 characters long!  Hehehehe!

For those unfamiliar with how Color LOGO handles disks:  It splits a
regular DECB disk into 16 fixed-size "modules", each 2 tracks (36
sectors) long.  No directory.

I've hacked together BASIC programs that:
1. Copies a module onto a DECB disk as a regular file
2. Prints the text in a module
3. Does a hexadecimal dump of the the entire module
4. Extracts the text from a module and saves it in a regular file
5. copies a DECB file into a module.

I gotta re-write that last one.  It is ssssssooooo
sssssssllllloooooowwwww.

I might also write a program that co-opts the module with track 17 and
write a standard DECB directory structure to it, naming the modules
and marking them used in the FAT.

As for LOGO itself?  It's pretty cool.  If I'd had access to this back
when I was a kid, I'd probably know more about graphics programming
today.

But there's no comments!!!! That is a major ouch!  Especially when the
manual gives you these huge hunks of abrieviated turtle commands, like
"fd 10 bk 5 pu lt 40 ......"  that could really use some commentary.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard