[Coco] NitrOS-9 V3.3.0 and DriveWire

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Mar 30 09:31:38 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Gault"

> Boisy,
>
> This may be what was intended, but if not would be a compromise.
>
> Remove the 80 track disks from the download-able zip files but keep the
> option for creating 80 track disks in the script files. That way, all
> users would start with 40 track disks and not be dependent on having a
> 3.5" drive on the Coco system. However, any user could generate an 80
> track master disk either on a real Coco with 3.5" drive or an emulator
> system using the script files and 80 track descriptors.
>
> The extra step of creating the 80 track disks by the user rather than
> having them in the zip files does not seem excessive.
>
> --

This was my first thought.  Those of us with modified systems "need"
refresher courses now and then to keep our knowledge base intact anyway.
IMHO the OS should be ready for the stock systems with options for common
improved systems and the base information for those who need to link extra
hardware into the OS.

Bruce W.