[Coco] [OT] Remember text based Lunar Lander?

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 19:10:49 EDT 2010

----- "Aaron Banerjee" <spam_proof at verizon.net> wrote:

> Funny you should bring up this topic.  I happened to stumble across my
>
> work from an optimal control class back in grad school where we solved
>
> landing a rocket using minimum time and energy.  I'll scan it and send
>
> it to whoever wants it.  Helps if you speak a little physics (e.g.
> Hamiltonians, Euler equations, etc).  If I'm bored enough, I'll
> translate it into word and explain the work.

Grad School?  I working out those problems before I was in Junior High, back while LBJ was setting the stage for the ultimate corruption of NASA.  Nothing complicated, just simple second-order derivatives.  Contrary to popular cliche, rocket science ain't all that hard.  Now the engineering to implement those simple equations in the real world instead of on paper, _that_ can be hard.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net