[Coco] Sigh of relief, refresh your floppies!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 09:12:23 EDT 2010

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> Avoid rotary head data drives (DAT and 8mm) like the plague.  I've had
>> enormous problems with these over the years and I don't think I'm alone.

> Nope, you have lots of company in that little red wagon bound for he!!.

s/hell/bitbucket/    ?

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one :-)  Interesting how a
technology that worked so well for video acquired such a black-eye in the
computer domain.  I'll guess that things were scaled down, dumbed down and
cheapened to the point of unreliability, then "Muntzed" back until they
just barely worked (a time-tested engineering process).

Steve