[Coco] Hey all

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Mar 26 10:51:31 EDT 2010

Glad to have you Don! You have as much right to throw your two cents in as anyone else -- we were all new at some point. You threw it in nice an politely too, which makes it worth more like a nickel to me! ;>

I highlight and copy the header and down to the part of the message I feel relevant to my reply. Then I paste it in, make a divider (the dashed line below), edit out the unnecessary parts of the message, then type my reply above the divider. Takes a little more effort than hitting "reply", but not much. I find that the easiest way to just have the necessary info in a message. If I change the subject I'll leave the old subject line in too. If I mix my reply with the original (maybe a list of questions) I make a statement at the beginning saying that's what I'm doing then make sure there's a marker between my replies and the original. Sometimes I do it like this:

name of original poster:
message dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Frank:
answer/reply cccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

It's really annoying when someone hits reply and quotes back the entire digest! I run an old cars list and get that a lot. Makes the subsequent digests rather long for no good reason! We don't get that a lot here.

----------------
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:45:44 -0400
From: "Donald Person" <donald.person at gmail.com>

Hey everyone, I know I'm new here and as such maybe I don't have a right to
say anything, but could I make a suggestion?

When you're replying to a post, could you maybe not quote the whole thing?
If you're going to quote someone, maybe just quote the specific part you're
commenting on or something..

Like I say, I know I'm new here, and I receive the list in digest form, and
it's a lot to sift through to get to replies and new messages

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"